Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tough vs Dirty

We had our last regular season game of the OMHL summer session last night.  It was interesting to say the least.  Now, I thought about giving an overview of the game, as I would regularly do, but there is a little something else that is on my mind about our opponent from last night...

The team that we played is full of punks and cry babies.  I have never heard a team bitch and gripe as much as they do. With every whistle from the ref came screeching and whining about the call, or non-call for that matter.  I honestly wish that they (the refs) use the zero tolerance policy as it is spelled out.  Which is basically, "Open your fucking mouth in my direction and sit down for a minute and a half."  Seriously.  These fucking clowns need to shut the fuck up.  I'm tired of it, my teammates are tired of it, all of the other teams in the league are tired of it.  

The part that really kills me about these clowns is that they are a one trick pony.  They've got a kid on the team that is currently a starting first line winger for Northeastern University.  The nights that he shows up, he controls the game, and the nights that he doesn't show up, forget it, those retards couldn't find the opposing teams goal with a fucking map and a sherpa to guide them there...  Like I said, one trick pony.  

Last night was our third time facing them, with our previous two games not only ending up in the loss column, (for us) but also ending in a may-lay both times, because not only do they whine like a three year old kid that just had his lollypop taken away, they are, hands down, the dirtiest team in the league.  Now, there is a difference between being dirty, and being tough.   A tough team will get into it with you face to face, a tough team plays hard, but clean, and always to the whistle. They'll play with honor and dignity, and they are not afraid to take their medicine when it's their turn to take it.  Now a dirty team, well, that is just a team full of spineless rats, a team full of shitheads that will hit you when you're not looking, spear you the minute the refs turn their heads, they'll try to kick your skates out from under you, and when it comes time for them to have to take a little of that very same medicine, they bitch and whine about it like a couple of girls from Kentucky fighting over the last prom dress at the local Wal-Mart

Now, we are a tough team, we play hard, but we don't take any shit, and if you feel the need to square up with one of us, be ready, because we won't be fucking playing around.  The team we played last night, dirty little fairies.  A bunch of rats and cock suckers.  I'm tired of it, our team was tired of it, and we let them know it last night with the beating that we handed them.  It was a big win for us in a lot of ways, first, they had their full compliment of players, which includes the one trick pony.  Second, they beat us the previous two times that we played them.  Third we were down 2-0, and 3-1 early, but came back to win 7-5. (Although we should have won 6-3, but with 2 minutes left they pulled their goalie and went for broke, they got it to within one, but we managed an empty netter to seal the deal.)  Was the game chippy, hell yeah it was, but that is how games like that, against teams like those tend to go.  We decided early on not to take any shit from them, and we didn't

I would have to say that about four minutes into the game, I may have, um, accidentally set the tone for the game from that point on.  I went behind the goal to play the puck, and in an attempt to fire it high off the glass and out of the zone I accidentally caught one of their wingers in the throat with my stick.  I have to say this, it was an unpleasant sound.  Hollow.  Anyway, he's a little guy, possibly a borderline "little person," and when he came down the on the forecheck, he came in low.  Honestly, I never even saw him, and when I went to clear the puck out my follow through hit him right in the throat.  Whatever.  Big fucking deal.  It's not like I killed him, and like I said, it was an accident.  I've been hit in the throat a few times myself, and let me tell you, it's not much fun.  That being said though, I had an awfully hard time mustering up any remorse or even the slightest bit of guilt for it, and if you're wondering why it's because it was an accident.  Yep, I slept like a baby last night.  It's not my fault the kid is 5'2", or whatever ridiculously pathetic height he actually is.  I thought it was cute though, when we were going through the handshake line, that he felt the need to call me a "winner," to which I could only respond, "Well, yeah actually, tonight I am..."  Little prick.

It felt good to beat them, and it felt even better knowing that they blew it.  

So next week playoffs for the OMHL start, and just like in Dennis, it will be a one and done format, so if we fuck up, we're out, and if we don't, we keep playing.  


2 comments:

  1. Bunch of whiners! What's the big deal about a slap to the throat? Rub some dirt on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I like to say, "Take your skirt off, it's not the fucking ballet."

    ReplyDelete