Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Playoffs, PLAYOFFS!?!?!?

So we had our playoff game for the Dennis Men's League last night...

I picked a bad night to play my worst hockey of the summer.  There is no doubt in my mind that had someone rolled a beach ball at me, it would have gone in.  In a word, I was "terrible."  I thought that the guys played great, they had a ton of chances at the offensive end of the ice, but were a little snake bit.  Four of five posts, a crossbar, and a goalie that WAS making the SAVES he was supposed to make.

I'm not going to sit here and try to come up with excuses about why I played so badly, or what went wrong, the fact is, I played horribly.  I let my team down, fortunately though, they didn't seem to care all that much.  Also, there was a little extracurricular activity with about three and a half minutes to go (we were tied at the time), but the penalties that we received put us down a man for the remainder of the game.  They scored twice in those last few minutes and that was that.

Anyway, I am going to put it out of my mind.  It happened, it's over, time to move on to the next game.  No sense losing sleep over it.

1 comment:

  1. That is an excellent way to think of it. Although, I'm sure you would like to beat the shit outta something right now.

    ReplyDelete