Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back on track...

It's been roughly a month since I last made a blog entry so I thought that it might be time for an update. 

In the last month my combined record between the two teams that I play for has been less than sparkling...  3-3-2, with a robust 3.13 GAA, and 1 SO.  So yeah, I had a couple of absolutely terrible games, and I even made some attempt within the confines of my simple little brain to make an excuse for my poor performances in the early going of that stretch, like "I was sick, which screwed up my timing," or "My D was hanging me out to dry..."  Bullshit like that.  The fact of the matter is, as a goaltender, my job is to stop the puck.  Simple.  Make ALL of the saves that I am supposed to make, and some of the saves that I have no business making.  

Get that?  I am supposed to make saves, not excuses.

Now, aside from games, and poor play, and a boatload of excuses, I have actually managed to complete my second set of equipment...  I now have two completely identical sets of gear, one which is all black, and one which is all white.  This makes me happy, if I got hit by a bus tomorrow, and died, I would die a happy guy for two reasons, one being the equipment, and the other being that my overall GAA is currently under 3.00 for the season after 17 games.  Anyway, back to the gear, identical...  This was not an easy task for several reasons, one, my absurdly anal nature which makes it impossible for me to settle for less than exactly what I want.  Also, I had to chase down gear that has been out of production for the last two years, and it had to be in near new condition.  I will say this though, it was worth the effort.  The Bauer SE2 line was, in my opinion, perfectly made for a goaltender who plays somewhere in between the current butterfly style and the mid-nineties butterfly style (Think Roy, Brodeur, and maybe even Moog).  The glove has the perfect break, and the blocker has the palm set back more toward the wrist and slightly off center, which aids in my ability to handle the puck.  Plus the shit is super light weight... 

So to date, my cumulative record is 9-5-3, 2.65 GAA, 2 SO.  

No comments:

Post a Comment